Are you fond of photography and thinking of making money from it? Yes, it is a tough business competition out there especially in a dynamic city like Jakarta, but why not giving it a try? Here are five steps to starting a photography business in Jakarta:
- Be skilled in photography techniques and find your specialty.
There are many techniques in photography you can learn, such as:
- Studio equipment
- Types of lenses
- Using DSLR cameras
- Join photography courses, for example at www.JasaFotoJakarta.com
Finding your specialty is important because each photography field has its style, characteristic, and threat. To put a restriction in which kind of photography field you are specializing is beneficial to make you focus and be an expert in that particular area. For example, wedding photography has different photography techniques from food photography, and it is better that you choose one as your specialty to maximize your skill in one of the field.
- Start offering photography services to acquaintances with reasonable price or volunteering.
Build your confidence and start your portfolio by doing simple photography services. Here are some tips to start:
- Offer yourself to be a photographer in a friend’s party or casual occasions;
- Try some freelancing jobs;
- Joining a professional apprenticeship to learn the business tips and tricks.
- Give good services and build relationships with the clients.
Here are some tips for giving good impressions:
- Always be on time or even before time;
- Never overpromised;
- Listen first, then reply politely, even though it is a critic;
- Optimize your social media, but remember to use polite words and be acknowledged that the information you are sending is building your business image.
- Never stop learning, always update your skills.
Technology is changing every second. Thus you need to keep updating your knowledge. Be informed of new trends and be innovative, because there are other competitors also starting a photography business in Jakarta. For tips and tricks, you can visit: www.JasaFotoJakarta.com
- Enhance your communication skills.
A photographer is selling his services of transferring the client’s need of communicating into artistic photos or images. The services you are offering are:
– Listening to the client’s requirements;
– Understanding the client’s needs;
– Help the client to build a concept;
– Do a research on the concept;
– Taking the photos;
– And deliver the finished product to the clients.
Therefore, an excellent communication skill is beneficial for building your business branding and image.
Those are five important steps to starting a photography business in Jakarta. Give them a try, and good luck!