pop-up Flash: Use it as a weapon
The pop-up flash in your digital camera is designed for one thing only, that gives you the most light flat, loudest, and most uncomfortable ever invented modern humans. The reason why you should avoid using the flash, namely:
- Face(the place of light out) from the pop-up flash itself is really very small, and small a light source, the light is harder to be produced.
- Using the flashpop-up guarantee nearly 100% of the subjects you will have a red eye (red eye), because lightning lights mounted very close to, and directly above the lens.
- Because lightning lights shoot your subject with straight and right section of the face, then your subject tend to look very flat and lacking dimension around him.
- You have little control over the light, where they lead, or how it lights to the object.
Advantages of External Flash
If you want to get professional-quality results by using the flash, then you need to have an external flash unit that is specially made for each camera model.
External flash that makes it special are:
- You can direct it in different directions (front, back, right, left, up, down)
- You can remove it from the camera to create adirectional light (light directionally
- Even if the flash is mounted on the camera, it has less risk to get sred eye because the position higher position of
- With an external flash, you will have greater control of light, and most importantly, the quality of light is better.
These are the three types of external flash that we recommend to you:
- Metz 54 MZ-4 (for Canon, Nikon, and others)
- Canon 580EX II
- Nikon SB-900
“Drag the Shutter” to View More Background
Drag the shutter is technique of flash setting in order to blend with the light in the room, so that the background behind your subject becomes natural.Without this technique, you’ll only get results like most people, the background behind your subject becomes dark, hard look, and the picture will look quite bad, and this is one reason why people do not want to photos using the flash.
The way to use the technique Drag the Shutter, namely:
Set your camera to slingshot in Program mode. Then aim at your subject and press the shutter button halfway and hold it so that the camera you take meter reading (reading of meter / distance) of the state of the pitch.
Look into the viewfinder and look at the numbers of the diaphragm and the shutter speed is selected your camera to expose your subject to fit, and remember-remember these two numbers.
Switch to manual mode and set these two numbers. To use the drag technique of the shutter, the shutter speed should be changed to a slower (if the camera shows a shutter speed of 1/60 sec, 1/15 sec make it lower then shoot.
How to soften the light of your Flash
To get the light softer and more even, you should make your light source so big. There are a few different tricks you can do to soften the light from the flash, as follows:
- Perhaps the best way quickly and easily to soften the light from the flash is to installa diffuser ( light dome which is mounted at the edge of the flash)
- Popular ways to soften the light from the flash is to reflect it to the ceiling or wall.But, the ceiling or wall is used to reflect light should not be < 3 meters
- If you want to get better results, you can buy asoftbox that is mounted on the flash. How to use it by means of light directly to the flash light diffusion panel that is large piece of white cloth that divides opaque and scatter light.
- In addition to.If you want to add a sweet sparkle of light on your subject’s eyes, just pull out and just bounce Rev small white card tucked inside the head of your flash (tools exist if you use the flash Nikon or Canon).
Controlling Light To be Dramatically
If you want to really dramatize and draw attention to the photo using the flash, one of the fastest way to do this is to limit the number or the light that hits your subject. Illuminate only a portion of your subject will make the others are in shadow. Tools that are usually used for this technique is Rogue Flashbenders (the paired device at the head of the flash, has a 25cm long snout which acts as a funnel of light to focus them in one area only).